Monday, April 23, 2007

First Time Ever

Friday night I did my first ever updo for a real show! My cousin, Nicole, was asked to be part of the show "Broadway Divas" at Tuachan in St. George. She and I were talking weeks before about what she was going to wear, whether or not she should get a spray tan (I know you're thinking about that hilarious Friends episode), and what she was going to do with her hair. Not really thinking about it again until the week before she called and asked if I would be willing to do it. I don't even think I gave her time to finish asking before I said,"YES! I would love to!" I guess it was a bit complicated. She had to get "clearance" for me to go backstage. The big trick was I would be doing it during the 15 minute intermission. Only 15 minutes! From that subtract the time it would take me to fly down the stairs & be taken through the maze of back stage, and into the dressing room. I finished just in time to head back to my seat as the music was starting. Whew! When Nicole came on stage her hair was beautiful! Then my heart began to race as she was spinning around and tossing her head back and forth. (They weren't just singing- they were actually acting out parts of plays!) I kept thinking that there was no way her hair was going to stay in. Did I put in enough bobby pins to hold everything in place?? Oh, the stress! Wouldn't you know everything turned out fine? I was thrilled to say the least! I was so proud at the meet and greet after the show when people were asking where she got her hair done & she told them, "Actually my cousin did it." Pictures coming soon, 'cause you know I took some!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Rose said...

Hi Emily! Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. But, Congrats on your updo! That is so awesome. And, isn't it the coolest feeling to do something that so many people see? I know it's a little stressful when there are time constraints - but it's all worth it! I can't wait to see the pictures!

April 24, 2007 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Where are the pics???? I've been waaaaaiting!

May 1, 2007 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Jen Rose said...

me too!

May 3, 2007 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home