Monday, August 6, 2007

Nauvoo & Carthage Jail

Nauvoo Temple on an overcast afternoon
Sunstone replica
Blurry picture of our Nauvoo medallions we cut oursleves. Erin, Isaac, Emily & Ben at Carthage Jail on a rainy day
Ben Cracking up at how big he is in this small wagon. That really is the size they actually were. No wonder they had to leave so much behind.

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to visit Nauvoo and Carthage Jail with Ben's family. If you've never been there I wish I could take you there and have you feel what I felt. The spirit was so strong, almost tangible. It was as if those saints that had lived there wanted you to know why they sacrificed so much for the gospel.


It was my first time there & I'm sure I looked like it! I think I took over a hundred pictures and we were only there for 24 hours. There is so much to see and experience. Seeing these places really brought to life the stories I've heard so many times. They aren't just stories. Those people really did live, suffer & die for the gospel. I'm so grateful to those saints that sacrificed everything they had so we could have those same blessings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Yea! You updated! It is so fun to see pictures from your trip. Thanks for sharing, I love it. Thanks for helping me so much this weekend too.

August 6, 2007 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Jen Rose said...

I'm so glad you updated! I'm glad your trip was fun. I've always wanted to go there. Thanks for sharing!

August 6, 2007 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Any time! We love having Connor & Wyatt at our house!

August 7, 2007 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

So glad you finally posted too! What a fun trip! It's so fun to be able to keep up with everyone.

August 9, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Looks like a fun trip. I want to go there someday too.

August 10, 2007 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Anamarie said...

Hey there Emily. Love your blog. Check out my family at anamarieandtylerfamily.blogspot.com

Anamarie Olenslager Fagg

August 19, 2007 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I guess I can't call you 'Pooler' any more. You've grown up and got yerself a husband and all. How the heck have you been? So good to see you have a blog so my nosy self can watch you through your blog life. ;)

p.s. Congrats on your updo at Tuachan. Before you know it you'll be stylin' other divas on the red carpet.

August 21, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home