Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thought I'd Share...

This one's for Caitlin. I recently found a recipe in Rachael Ray's Every Day magazine for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies & thought I'd share it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter, 1 stick melted, 1/2 stick softened
1 Cup Packed light brown sugar
2 Large Eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 Cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 Teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
3/4 Teaspoon plus 2 pinches Salt
1 2/3 Cups Flour
4 Ounces Cream cheese, chilled
1 Cup Confectioners' sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
3. Using n ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each baking sheet. bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 2 pinches of salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Yum!!! That recipe sounds really good!!!

October 22, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 22, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Sounds delish! Where's the picture to go with it?

(Sorry about my comment earlier, I was signed in on a different account.)

October 22, 2007 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am finding everyones websites lately and I am loving it! I wish I would have found them sooner! You guys sound like you have so much fun together! I am not surprised though, you were always super fun! Our site is http://spaces.msn.com/members/smithfamily0 (we are the lame ones who don't do blogspot). Anyway, check us out! I'm so glad I found your site!
Ariane (Peterson) Smith

October 23, 2007 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

A post. For me? How lucky am I?

I can't wait to come home for Christmas. That is when I'll make these - otherwise, I'll be eating them all...

November 11, 2007 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home